Style Maven II (See Jane Find an Obscure Icon)
I’m making the “style maven” post into a series. Here’s what I do: find an obscure (see: irrelevant) icon, and praise his/her style. Basically I’ll highlight the quirks, the hits, the misses, and everything in between. A few weeks ago it was Kelly Kapowski. Today, it’s Stacey McGill, from the Babysitters Club. Don’t remember her? Here are a few Stacey catch-up facts:
- Blond hair (Naturally)
- Impeccable style (I wanted to be her)
- Raised in NYC (Why I want to raise my kids there)
- Juvenile diabetes (Yet, she craved those sweets)
I felt an instant connection with Stacey from the first BSC book I read (#3, The Truth About Stacey). It’s as if we were twins (minus the whole raised in New York and diabetes thing); she was blond and obsessed with clothes and honestly, I was sold. I know that Claudia was the toking fashion fiend, but her outfits were a little too crazy for me (plus she wasn’t good at school..sorry, can’t relate). Please note that I only read Stacey’s books in the series, except when they were all checked out at the library. I’m sorry, but Mary Anne was a snooze.
*clockwise from left
- Nice yellow windbreaker. And is she wearing harem pants?
- Our girl’s outshining Kristy (on her own cover, no less) in her schoolgirl outfit. That’s it–I’m getting loafers.
- Crop top and a sarong–so fashion forward for a 13 year old!
- Middle part and a loose pink sweater. Yeah, looks like you probably are outgrowing the BSC, Stac.
- Wide leg pants and a vest…Kristy’s great idea looks pretty dull next to that.
- I’m pretty sure Anthropologie has that dress (and that pose in their catalog).
- Stacy says no to grunge and yes to pretty, even when hanging with the bad girls.
Yes, I’m biased and love Stacey McGill. Who was your favorite BSC member?