Fly (See Jane Travel)
I’m leaving for my honeymoon on Monday and am trying to mentally prepare myself for the long haul ahead. When deciding on a destination, Eric and I chose the farthest place that my airlines miles would take us; enter: Bali. With three flights and well over 21 hours on a plane ahead of me, it’s safe to say that I’m a little anxious about such lengthy journey. Then, I shake my head and realize that I’m going to Bali and all is well with the world again.
Several books, magazines and movies will keep me company on the flights, but what’s most important is what I wear on the plane. I’m not a huge fan of wearing my pajamas to the airport, perhaps all the years of corporate business travel trained me out of that. Instead, I look for comfortable yet wearable pieces that I will be able to wear throughout my trip (my motto is to pack light so you can bring more home).
1. J. Crew Stripe Sweater – Planes are freezing. Even in the summer.
2. Missoni Patterned Cashmere/Silk scarf – I much prefer cuddling up to my own scarves rather than scratchy, airline pillows.
3. The Row Curved-Square Sunglasses – When you step off the plane after 20+ hours of traveling, trust me, the darker the better.
4. Evian Mist – Even if it is just water in a spray bottle, it makes you feel luxurious (even if you’re in the last row by the restrooms).
5. Candy/Magazines – Self-explanatory.
6. Skullcandy Roc Nation Headphones – Because they’re cuter than the Bose headset on the guy in business class.
7. Proenza Schouler PS1 Keep All – A dream tote but could definitely hold my contact solution along with computer and magazines.
8. Sperry Gold Topsider – My dad always told me to wear closed-toe shoes on planes and I still do to this day.
9. Splendid Leggings – Leggings, though just a step up from sweatpants, are a Godsend for traveling women.