Spring Fashion: I’m Ready for Real Clothes Again
It’s been a year since we all slipped on something more comfortable and never looked back. I’m over sweatpants. I’m also sort of over cute loungewear (I mean, kind of). I want to wear my clothes again. I’m aching to buy some spring fashion that I’ll wear out. I’m aching to GO out. And I feel very hopeful about the summer!
I think the pandemic has made us truly assess our wardrobes. Office clothes most likely collected dust in our closet. Heels haven’t seen the light of day. Athleisure, sweatpants, easy dresses, and sneakers have been the real MVP of the past 12 months, but are you like me and looking for something new to wear? Let’s tackle some tough questions.
Spring Fashion 2021: I’m Ready for Real Clothes Again
Do you ever want to wear heels again?
I’m so torn on this. I can’t imagine being uncomfortable in heels yet I crave that silhouette! I used to wear heels all day at work WHILE PREGNANT, so I think I can find a way to make them work again. It’ll take a little patience and time for us to wean off of our comfy shoes, but I do think there will be a time and place for heels again. For now, I’m eyeing cute, flat sandals for spring.
What will you carry?
Don’t you miss handbags? I’ve been carrying my Goyard tote (bought it in London, review here) EVERYWHERE as it’s a great everyday bag. But I miss cute little bags that match my outfits. My bag collection is also collecting dust; I honestly forgot about my bags this past year. For awhile, when things opened up, I didn’t even take a bag anywhere–just a wallet, phone, and keys–for fear of germs getting on my bag! I’m ready to carry one again.
Five Spring Fashion Items I Want to Buy
- Tuckernuck semi-sheer knit polo
- Citizens of Humanity straight leg jeans (shop more COH here)
- MANGO gorgeous floral dress (under $80!)
- FARM Rio puff sleeve white blouse (shop more FARM Rio here)
- Charlie Holiday bikini (shop more swim here)
Clothing sources of photos below:
- H&M dress, Pamela Munson bag, Vince Camuto shoes
- One/Third jacket, Everlane silk cami, AGOLDE jeans (shop more AGOLDE here), Club Monaco mules (shop more CM here), Ray Ban sunglasses (shop more ray Ban here)
- Equipment silk shirt (shop more Equipment here), Citizens of Humanity jeans, Chanel bag
- Old COS dress, similar Old Navy dress here
- Similar Amazon top and similar Amazon shorts
- Ulla Johnson top (shop more UJ here), Everlane pants