Tips for Shopping at H&M
I do a lot of H&M roundups here on the blog and on instagram. Not only do you all like them, but I really like shopping at H&M. I full subscribe to the high-low fashion mix and I think that H&M has awesome, well-made pieces, made with terrific fabrics, and at awesome prices.
Tips for Shopping at HM
Last week I share a reel about how I approach shopping at H&M (watch the reel here) and thought I’d go a little deeper into the tips here!
- New arrivals go fast online–really fast. So, always shop by new arrivals and sort by newest.
- If you’re looking for something in store (sometimes if it sells out online, it could be available at your local H&M), note that the store is sorted by color.
- Become an H&M member. It’s free, you earn points, you usually get free upgraded shipping, AND they run members only sales often.
- Search “trend” in the search bar–-it pulls up good stuff.
- H&M seems to love running Sunday sales–keep your eyes peeled.
- H&M Conscious line is my favorite and is usually made of natural and/or organic fabrics such as cotton and linen (and it’s better for the Earth!).
- Little details can make a big impact. Tie sleeves? Expensive looking buttons? They add subtle details.
- Floaty dresses look just like the ones at Shopbop, but for like $20.
Usually when you think of fast fashion, you think of one season and it’s done. Or throwaway. Or trendy. But honestly, I have certain H&M pieces that I’ve had in my closet for YEARS. If you love it, take care of it, it doesn’t matter how much it cost. I also admire H&M for redefining their approach to fast fashion but committing to sustainability (read more about it here).