How To Wear Culottes (See Jane’s Favorite Pants)
Ok, first of all, what ARE culottes? They’re essentially a pair of cropped pants that are made to resemble a skirt. They made a resurgence in fashion a few years back and have become a mainstay of my wardrobe over the years. I love them because you can dress them up or down and I feel like they add a certain chicness–a je ne sais quois, to any outfit. I reach for them just as easily as I reach for a pair of skinny jeans; it really just takes figuring out how to play with the proportions.
My tips for rocking culottes:
- Pair them with a slim, slightly cropped top–it will make you look longer.
- If you do pair them with a longer top, keep it tonal to keep you looking long and lean.
- Try them in jumpsuit form to segue into the culotte silhouette–it’ll look like a casual dress (this white one is perfect for summer and this simple black one can be easily dressed up or down.
- Don’t be afraid to wear them to work! They can be super polished with a simple blouse, especially in the summer.
- Make them casual and chic by wearing them with espadrilles and a skinny strap cami.
Great culottes to try:
This silk, navy pair closely resembles a beautiful midi skirt.
I can’t resist the olive color OR the paper-bag waist.