Featured: Modern Luxury North Shore
I just have to say, WOW, and thank you to the team at Modern Luxury North Shore for featuring me on the cover of their Spring 2019 issue. I thought I would have a little blurb alongside a small picture in the magazine; I had no idea I’d have such a large feature AND be on the cover (I found out right when it hit the stands!). We shot this at the Michigan Shores Club in Wilmette which is an old, gorgeous location with high ceilings, luxe paneling and grand rooms. It was also shot during the Polar Vortex in January so I tried my best to look as springy as possible (luckily leopard is season-less).
I shared some of my favorite products that make me contribute to my beauty and wellness routines.
- You know I’m a longtime fan of this Sultra styling wand (it comes with a glove); it’s the only tool I’ve used on my hair the past four years and the 1 inch wand works even if my hair is at its shortest at the chin or past my shoulders (I’m probably going to chop the hair soon).
- My friend Jamie worked with me at Trunk Club for years and she was the healthiest person I knew. She’d eat her sweet potatoes with coconut oil and spices on the dot each day at 10am (mid-morning snack) and I knew I could always ask her for health advice. It was no wonder she started her own company: Simplified Superfoods. Whenever I make smoothies at home, I add a packet (collagen, chia seeds, flaxseeds) and she’s currently expanding her offering!
- I love my essential oil diffuser. I don’t know a ton about essential oils but I love diffusing them in the main floor of our house and the bedroom. It freshens up the space and some of them are great for things like sleeping. I only use a few that I bought from Amazon (ylang ylang is my current spring favorite, I’m a loyalist to HealthShield, and I love a good sleep blend at night) but I’ve had this diffuser forever and love it. If you have any suggestions for other oils to diffuse, please let me know!
- RMS Beauty luminizer in “Magic” is just that–magic. It lasts forever and I dab a little highlighter on my cheek and brow bones–instant wake-up. I don’t wear a ton of makeup day to day but I always dab a little of this on because it brightens up my face.
- I’ve been using Biologique Recherche P50W religiously since August (introduced to me by a local facialist Nusheen and they also use it at the Peninsula Spa). It’s like a mini-facial every morning (this version is for more sensitive skin and is safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding) and it’s the perfect exfoliant toner. As you know, I love to test skincare products and am always cycling some in and out but I have had a few Biologique Recherche facials and I this toner has me converted; no matter what I try on my skin, I’ll be using this.
- I have two everyday lip colors and Chantecaille lipstick in “Moroccan Rose” is one of them (I’m wearing it in these photos and the other color is RMS Beauty lip stain in “Sacred.”) . It’s so subtle, a little glossy (remember gloss? I miss it) and the lightest pink–great for every day wear!