I didn’t used to be the type of person who lives in leggings. I would wear them to workout and that was about it. But then, my lifestyle changed a bit. I had two little kids to chase after. I started to workout MORE. I started to work from home. Wearing leggings more often snuck up on me. Don’t get me wrong–I usually get “dressed” most days, even when I work from home, but some days, you just want to wear leggings…especially if it involves schlepping the kids from swimming to birthday parties. And luckily, one of my favorite brands of all time just dropped their version: meet the Everlane leggings.
You know I’m a big fan of Everlane; I love their classic styles, their stance on sustainability and transparency, and their pricing. They dipped their toe into activewear last year with the launch of their Tread sneaker and I am so excited to see how everyone reacts to the launch of these leggings. I’ve personally had this pair of leggings since the beginning of the month and let me give you the skinny on them.
The lowdown on the new Everlane leggings:
- I’m wearing the regular length (I’m 5’9″) in an XS. They also have ankle length in case you prefer them cropped or are on the shorter side. My normal Everlane pants size is a 2 or 26.
- I LOVE the high rise. These are HIGH and I’m here for it–it’s like shape wear (ok, not really, but it sucks you in). They’re also very flattering in the butt region.
- The material is more shiny than matte. Just an observation, as I feel like most of my leggings are the latter.
- I’ve worn these on the Peloton several times and also to barre class. When I bend over, they aren’t sheer (you know how some leggings do that?).
- How I care for them: I wash all workout clothes inside out, cold, permanent press cycle. Minimal drying or hang dry. It keeps them stretchy longer!
- They’re $58! That’s less expensive than most leggings out there and they’re worth it! In the last year I’ve purchased Athleta, Alo, Spanx leggings and they’re all more expensive than that.
*thanks to Everlane for sponsoring this post and being an ongoing partner to See (Anna) Jane!