If you’re anything like me, you fawned over Closet Fashionista’s post yesterday featuring Phillip Lim’s 2010 Resort Collection. Sure, it debuted back in 2009, but that’s all the more reason to sing praises of Mr. Lim’s relevance in the fashion industry. He has a gift of making basic pieces (that are most likely already sitting in your closet) look new again. The 2010 Resort Collection is fresh, modern and full of wearable separates that you’ll be wearing for seasons to come.
- Lace on lace is possible without looking like a doily.
- A simple, white dress should be, hands down, one of the most important purchases of the summer.
- You can wear a cropped shirt without looking like Kelly Kapowski (just as long as you wear high-waisted bottoms).
- Caramel-colored leather jackets are also warm weather-friendly.
- Lastly, only Rachel Bilson can pull off a gold lamé shorts-suit.
Have a fantastic weekend!