Whether it’s on display at a picnic via the tablecloth or splattered across your bathing suit, nothing says summer like gingham prints . It’s a universal print that’s been around for decades–even Dorothy couldn’t resist its checkered charm…
My friend has the quintessential summer top: J Crew, gingham, sweetheart neckline/halter combo, i.e. perfect. I attempted to find a summer gingham top to call my own last month and discovered this top by Gemma; I haven’t pulled the trigger yet as it only started warming up here in Chicago. I have, however, quenched my insatiable thirst for gingham (giant, mind you) in the meantime with the J Crew shirt I bought last weekend.
Now that it’s finally warm:
*clockwise from top left
- APC Madras Gingham Bikini – Retro, flattering, and only $58.
- MCQ Gingham Cotton Shift – Gingham and work appropriate–an anomaly.
- Joie Luciana Gingham Print Crinkle Shirt – The ultimate summer tunic.
- Urban Outfitters Gingham Tube Bathing Suit – Can be substituted as a tube top with shorts.
- Forever 21 Gingham Tube Dress – A colorful twist in a sea of blue gingham prints.
- Top Shop Gingham Skirt – A modern-day Dorothy would wear this to see the Wizard!
Do you like gingham prints?