Some days are longer than others. Whenever I’m having an off day or can’t get out of a rut, the first thing I do is listen to Wham!, the famed 80s duo. True, I had yet to be born at the height of their popularity, but luckily my older sister passed her love for George Michael on to me. I dare you to listen to a Wham! song (or better yet, watch one their videos on youtube) without cracking a smile.
I’m reluctantly listing some of my guilty (and not so guilty) pleasures for all to see:
- Listening to Wham! or any bad 80s/90s music – Just in case you didn’t think I was serious.
- Hot dogs – Please don’t tell me what’s in them. Seriously.
- Reading my daily horoscope – Yes, I believe they somehow apply to me at that very moment.
- Jackson 5: The American Dream – I’ve honestly seen this made for TV movie about 15 times (just ask my mom/boyfriend/roommate/sister) and it gets better each time.
- Saved by the Bell reruns – It’s funny, because I feel no guilt whatsoever about this.
- Fries – Anytime, anywhere.
- OK! Magazine – One full year subscription was only $8!
- Re-reading books from my childhood – I’ll be honest, whenever I visit my parents house, I love to read all the books I’ve left behind like the American Girl series, Sweet Valley High, and Boxcar Children
- Taking long hot showers until my fingertips wrinkle – Maybe I shouldn’t be revealing this on Earth Day?
- Terrible television – It’s not so much a guilty pleasure as it is a way of life. Think Real Housewives, the new 90210, most reality.
- Whipped cream – I’m definitely more of a salt person but I love a fluffy mound of whipped cream on my Americano every morning.
What are your guilty pleasures?